As our try-out concert in Geervliet on the 15th of May has passed, it is finally time to reveal the official program order of the Oegstgeest concert!
- Dream – Meredith Monk;
- Fögnuður – Haukur Tómasson;
- Húm I & II – Atli Heimir Sveinsson (in cooperation with Marloes van Stormbroek);
- Heyr himna smiður – Þorkell Sigurbjörnsson;
- Guest performances by barbershopquartet Stereo Evolution:
- Teddy Bear – Kal Mann & Teddy Lowe, arr. Aaron Dale;
- Bring Him Home (Les Miserables) – Claude Michel Schönberg, arr. Darin Brown;
- Lullabye – Billy Joel, arr. Kirk Young.
- Five Flower Songs, Op. 47 – Benjamin Britten.
- Sænk kun dit hoved, du blomst – Carl Nielsen, arr. John Høybye;
- Blackbird – John Lennon & Paul McCartney, arr. Daryl Runswick;
- Now is the Month of Maying – Thomas Morley, arr. Jem Lowther;
- Les fleurs et les arbres – Camille Saint-Saëns;
- Solo performance by Marloes van Stormbroek:
- Luna y Sierra – Wil Offermans;
- As Kingfishers Catch Fire – John Duggan;
- The Blue Bird, Op. 119, No.3 – Charles Villiers Stanford;
- Swimming over London – Bob Chilcott;
- Butterfly – Mia Makaroff & Anna-Mari Kähärä.
The concert will take place on the 21st of May in Cultuurhuis de Paulus (Warmonderweg 2) in Oegstgeest, starting at 20.15u. Just like the previous concert, entrance will be free! There will be an opportunity to leave a donation afterwards. Any help is greatly appreciated.
As a teaser, we are proud to present the recording of ‘Heyr himna smiður’, captured during the try-out concert in Geervliet.